1. Bring talcum powder. It's the best at removing sand from wet feet and skin.
2. DIY aloe vera ice cubes—you'll thank us when you're sunburned.
3. Games! Read our recs here.
4. Freeze any drinks—water; juice—the night before so they'll keep cool longer.
5. Pack smart—or let us do it for you. Enter for a chance to win the ultimate summer tote, filled with all the essentials for a perfect day at the beach (or pool)! What's inside:
• VB ♡ Kassatex tote, towel and pouch—luxe and super plush
• Moroccanoil hair, sun lotion and lip balm for sun-kissed (and safe) beauty
• Chimi sunglasses for that movie-star allure
• The perfect beach read: On Being Human by Jennifer Pastiloff, a memoir to inspire (and effect change in your life)
• A pair of VB sandals: You choose—sandals or stilettos. After all, there's après-beach...
Just head to our Instagram for a chance to win and when you see this summer tote photo: (1) Tag a friend in the comments. (2) Like the photo. (3) Make sure you’re following @veronicabeard, @kassatexnewyork and @morroccanoil. ☀️
For Official Rules, see below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. Eligibility: Pipes and Shaw LLC (“Sponsor(s)”) Social Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the forty nine (49) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Veronica Beard, Kassatex and Moroccanoil and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, country, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor(s): Pipes and Shaw LLC, 26 West 17th Street, Suite 301
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor(s)’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on July 1, 2019 at 12:00 AM. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on July 3, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The servers of Instagram are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: To participate, you will need to have an Instagram account (herein "Social Account"). Creating a Social Account is free, but is subject to each of its respective terms: http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#. If you post updates to or receive updates from any Social Account via your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
Enter using Instagram: During the Sweepstakes Period, follow @veronicabeard, @kassatexnewyork and @morroccanoil on Instagram, and like/tag a friend in the comments of the proper photo speaking to the contest.
By posting your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor(s), in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any individual who owns the account in the Submission to use their names and to grant the rights set forth herein (Section 6). If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor(s).
Limit: Each entrant may post one (1) unique Submission per Social Account during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Social Account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Social Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Social Account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor(s)'s Use of Submission: Posting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor(s) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor(s) or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, a panel of qualified judges, determined by Sponsor(s) in its sole discretion, will select one (1) entrant with a Submission ("Winners") based on the following Judging Criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Random selection process
Sponsor(s) reserves the right to not select one (1) winner, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Decisions of the Sponsor(s) and judges are final and binding. Sponsor(s) will not disclose judging scores.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified on or around the following business day of the eligible Sweepstakes period, ending July 3, 2019. The method of notification will depend on potential winner's method of entry.
Instagram: If a potential winner entered via Instagram, Sponsor(s) will send prize claim instructions by Direct Message.
The prize claim instructions will advise each potential winner that he/she will be required to provide Sponsor(s) with his/her name, valid mailing address, valid email address and birthdate to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment purposes within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to follow any of the prize claim instructions or provide the required information within the required timeframe, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor(s)’s sole discretion. Only one (1) alternate winner may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Prizes: ONE VB ♡ Kassatex Tote $150 Retail Value; ONE VB ♡ Kassatex Towel $70 Retail Value; ONE VB ♡ Kassatex $40 Pouch Retail Value; ONE Moroccanoil Hair Treatment $44 Retail Value; ONE Moroccanoil Sun Lotion $32 Retail Value; ONE Moroccanoil Lip Balm $17 Retail Value; ONE pair of Veronica Beard sandals of your choice $295 - $425 Retail Value; ONE pair of Chimi Sunglasses $99 Retail Value; ONE copy of "On Being Human” by Jennifer Pastiloff $27 Retail Value will be awarded at the end of Sweepstakes: Approximate Total Retail Value (“ARV”): $624-$754 USD.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor(s)’s sole discretion. Sponsor(s)rSponsor(s)eWinners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prizes will be fulfilled to each winner two (2) weeks following the final date of the Sweepstakes, July 3, 2019.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor(s) or Instagram, LLC, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. This Release does not apply to claims for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of Sponsor(s).
11. Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor(s) and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state (and/or province), likeness, photo (including Social Account Profile photo), Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor(s) reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor(s) in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor(s) may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor(s), in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor(s) reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor(s)’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Participant Obligations: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of New York. All taxes are the responsibility of the Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable.
16. Winner List: A list of all Winners will be available upon request.
17. Sponsor(s)(s): Pipes & Shaw, LLC
This promotion is in no way Sponsor(s)ed, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, LLC. By entering, entrants confirm they are 18+ years of age, release Instagram of responsibility, and agree to Instagram's term of use. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to Sponsor(s)(s).