City Guide: Chicago
October 18, 2016
Hotel You Recommend:The Park Hyatt – unparalleled service, beautiful spa, fantastic location, chic restaurant and lounge and a beautiful terrace. You can’t go wrong with The Peninsula either – the recent renovations are stunning.
Favorite Neighborhood:The West Loop/Fulton Market areas are abuzz right now. If you’re looking for a chic night out and (increasingly) good shopping, then this area is worth a visit.
EAT & DRINK
Three Must-Visit Restaurants:Les Nomades, Giant and Twin Anchors for an old-school Chicago experience.
Best Place to Grab a Morning Coffee:Heritage Bicycles in Lakeview and Pierrot Gourmet.
Best Place to Grab a Cocktail:The Office…and we’d be remiss not to mention the River Shannon, one of Chicago’s all-time great corner bars.
Tourist Spots You’ll Always Love:Chicago Architectural Foundation’s River Cruise, the 606, Millennium Park, the waterfront for a walk or run and the “Viagra Triangle.”
Family Activity:Maggie Daley Park or visiting the museums, which all have great kids activities.
Best Views of the City:
- On the corner of Michigan Avenue and Wacker Drive, overlooking the Chicago River.
- The point at the Adler Planetarium.
- From an airplane – flying into the city over the water is the best way to get a sense for Lake Michigan’s pure might. It’s also a happy reminder of the genius of preserving Chicago’s lakefront.
- Roof of Soho House – everything looks better with a Picante cocktail in hand.
- Space 519 – for the most thoughtful selection of clothing, jewelry, books to cherish, gift items and more.
- Ikram and Blake in the city for women’s clothing.
- If you happen to be visiting the North Shore, then Athene is a must for chic comfortable clothing and accessories.
- If you’re looking for gift items or unique home accessories, don’t miss Gild Assembly. You’ll find treasures from Utopia & Utility, AKMD, Skultuna, Fort Standard and more.