How To: Party Dressing, Reimagined
December 14, 2018
Dare to dress beyond the LBD.
When it comes to cocktail-party style, what's easier than a black dress—right? There's a reason it's a tried-and-true go-to. But we're here to show you that it's possible to get creative with your look and still look consummately chic. Discover our tips below. Best part? With everyone else in classic cocktail gear, you'll be the star of the party.
1. Separates can be party-ready and glammed up, too. Our tip: Add sparkle for the festive factor, like the above Melling top worn with—for the extra daring—leather pants.
2. Jumpsuits! Effortless and oh-so-chic.
3. Go bold with pattern-on-pattern. You know our mantra: There is no such thing as too much leopard. Pair our Roswell blouse and Ari skirt, both cut in the vibrant animal print.
4. Jackets are great for day, but they're also pretty fabulous for night. Go for a sexier style, like our Frayne blazer. With its wide lapel and bar-jacket silhouette, reminiscent of mid-century Parisian glamour, it's perfect for dressed-up outings. Try it out with pants or a lean skirt—they both go equally well.
5. Double up and layer a form-fitting bustier dress—like the Liza—with a sleeved blouse. And go for contrast: If the dress is solid, opt for a printed top and vice versa.