When you plan a trip to place like Nantucket you need insider info. We called in our good friend Carolina de Neufville, (Interior designer, mother and Nantucket aficionado) to get the lay of the land, so we’ll be sure to hit all the right spots on our next visit to ACK!!
1. Ladies Beach is at the top of my list, on the way there stop at Bartlett Farms for the best chicken salad, and get a surfing lesson on the beach from Nantucket Surfari .
2. A great way to get out on the water on a boat – Make a lunch reservation at Toppers, their boat will take you across the harbor from the White Elephant to the Wauwinet. It’s my favorite lunch spot, don’t bring the kids and do order lots of rose. Take a swim afterwards on the ocean side of the beach.
3. For a very casual and very fun night out with the kids go to Jetties – oysters, lobster rolls and sandy feet – enjoy the sunset! Other favorite dinner spots – for foodies American Seasons and The Nautilus.
4. The Galley for the best location and sunset. Black Eyed Susan’s for breakfast or for a date night.
5. Take a hike at Sanford Farms - The ocean view and historic barn at the end are worth the 3 mile walk.
6. Hit the cobble stone streets in town for some shopping at Bodega and the Lions Paw for home accessories. Currant Vintage for the best vintage clothes, accessories and wine. Erica Wilson for summer staples, while there pick up a needlepoint project for rainy days.
7. Take a walk down the shell path on Old South Wharf where you get a little bit of everything! Art galleries and my personal favorite store— Space, for the best mix of home accessories, gifts and the best bags.
8. Don’t miss Table 1 for wine, farmstead cheese and a baguette – enjoy it there or take it home!